Ultracompact Surfacing: Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces
About the Provider
Cosentino S.A. is the largest manufacturer of natural quartz surfaces in the world and through the network of affiliated distributors and fabricators Cosentino S.A. remains the leader in the natural stone surfacing industry.
- Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and exterior applications
- Define ultracompact surfacing (UCS) and discuss the innovative production process that creates superior tile properties and reduced environmental impact
- Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing
- Discuss selecting UCS in terms of life cycle environmental impact, color, texture, format, and general design flexibility, as well as the various possible interior and exterior applications, and identify key attributes of UCS, explaining how they influence material performance, safety, durability, and sustainability.
(07) Thermal and Moisture Protection